Wednesday, August 1, 2007

All-American Girl by Meg Cabot

all-american-girl.jpgAll-American Girl by Meg Cabot

Genre: Juvenile Fiction

Publication Date: 2002

Recommended Age Group: 14 and Up

Summary: Samantha Madison is a typical teenage girl who gets thrown into the spotlight when she saves the life of the President of the United States. She insists that she was not a hero and anyone would have done the same thing in her shoes. Sam struggles with her new popularity with the press and the “friends” she gains at school who really just want their picture in the paper. Sam is also in love with her sister’s boyfriend, loved by the President’s son, and appointed the new UN Teen Ambassador. Through all this she learns what real love is like, how to follow rules yet be you, and how to recognize true friends.

Personal Notes: Fun and witty! It reminded me of when I was a teenage girl. Meg Cabot really captured Sam’s essence in this immensely enjoyable novel. While we all know the chances of something like this actually happening are small, for one thing the current president doesn’t have a teenage son, it’s still fun to read and even more enjoyable because it is so unbelievable. I found myself reading it all day in spite of my long to do list. I just couldn’t put it down.

Other reviews available:

Ready or Not: an All-American Girl Novel by Meg Cabot

1 comment:

  1. Meg I'm your fans from Indonesia. I love your novel. It give me support.
    I like the story about samantha n David. MEG U'R D BEST. I LOVE YOU. MUSH.....@

    ReplyDelete